Everybody suffers from insomnia from time to time, and its root cause can be attributed to a whole host of things, such as: muscle pain, restless legs, anxiety, acid reflux, too much caffeine, or too much computer usage before bed.
Here are some home made remedies that can be made up from common food items in your fridge or pantry, that will help you fall back asleep for those occasions where you suffer from sleeplessness.
1. Toast and warm milk (organic or raw milk, please) help relieve stress and promote better sleep. Studies have shown that drinking warm milk releases melatonin — the sleep hormone — as well as endorphins to relax you and encourage sleep. A small amount of complex carbohydrates such as whole grain toast or cereal will fill your stomach, relieving hunger pains at bedtime, and cure insomnia. Whole grains release tryptophan, a precursor to seratonin production — the calming brain chemical. This is also a great snack to eat during the night if you awaken and can’t get back to sleep.
2. Two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with 10 to 12 ounces of water relieves burning from acid reflux that may prevent sleep. Additionally, arthritis and fibromyalgia pain may lessen or disappear after alkalizing with this drink.
3. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with eight ounces of water and drink before bedtime as a sleep aid and soothe gout pain.
4. Raw honey, high in potassium and other nutrients, helps to alkalize the body and nourish the brain, causing relaxation and sleep. It relieves acid reflux and will help you get back to sleep if you awaken early. Drizzle some on whole grain toast with a glass of warm milk for the perfect bedtime snack to sleep better.
5. Eat apple slices dipped in raw honey to relieve heartburn, fill your stomach, and relax before sleep.
6. Relieve arthritis, fibromyalgia and headache pain that may interfere with sleep by drinking a mixture of cream of tartar and water before bed. Add half a teaspoon of cream of tartar to eight ounces of water, stir and drink. The body naturally becomes more acidic at night, and this drink helps alkalize and reduce pain. Additionally, if you’re anxious, nervous or having difficulties breathing, a glass of this mixture should calm you down and allow better sleep.
7. If fibromyalgia or other muscularskeletal pains cause insomnia eat several slices of pineapple before bed to sleep better. Pineapple contains the digestive enzyme bromelain that relieves stiffness and muscle aches, and reduces inflammation.
8. Calcium and magnesium promote sleep. Eat a snack before bed that’s high in calcium and magnesium, such as whole grain crackers with raw milk cheese, warm milk, yogurt, kefir, almonds, sesame seeds, Brazil nuts, or cashews, and black strap molasses. Sleep better after a green smoothie including kale, collards or dandelion greens with yogurt and honey for a cooling bedtime snack during summer.
9. Herbal teas such as those made with chamomile or Valerian root can help relieve insomnia and promote better sleep; however, too much of either of these herbs can actually do just the opposite and cause agitation, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.
10. Wild lettuce helps relieve headaches, anxiety and joint pain that may interfere with a good night’s sleep. It has a calming effect that relieves restlessness and anxiety and may even help soothe restless leg syndrome.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Dr. Phil Exposes Elite Government Pedophile Ring On Mainstream TV - March 23, 2017
- Chelsea Clinton Gets Lifetime Achievement Award For Being Hillary’s Daughter - March 23, 2017
- Woman Claims To Have Given Birth To ‘Nephilim’ Son In India - March 23, 2017