A 12-year-old girl from Wisconsin died hours after receiving the HPV vaccine on Wednesday.
After a visit to the doctor for a sore throat, Meredith Prohaska was given the HPV vaccine by her doctor, and then just 4 hours later at home she died.
The cause of her death has been listed as ‘inconclusive’.
FOX 4 sister station WITI spoke to Meredith’s parents. Her mother recalled the hours before Meredith was found unconscious on the floor.
That day, Rebecca Prohaska took her daughter to the doctor for a sore throat. While they were there, at about 10:30 or 11:00 a.m., Meredith got her first HPV vaccine.
Rebecca says she remembers getting a handout about possible side effects.
“Thirty minutes later she was trying to sleep. I kept waking her up,” Rebecca Prohaska said.
By 3:30 that afternoon, Rebecca Prohaska went out for a half-hour to get food.
“I came back and I found her on the floor,” Rebecca Prohaska said.
Her mother, who is a 14-year veteran Emergency Medical Technician for the National Guard, performed CPR, but Meredith was pronounced dead at the hospital.
“The only thing different about that day was that shot. I wish I would’ve known more about it before I agreed to it,” Rebecca Prohaska said.
Prohaska is describes as a girl who loved to be active — swimming and playing basketball while in sixth grade at Butler Middle School.
“I’m a tough guy. I can take a beating — but this has ripped a hole in my heart,” Prohaska’s father, Mark Prohaska said.
The Prohaskas have donated Meredith’s organs and tissue so others can live a healthier life. Meredith will be buried on Saturday.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- EU Threatens To Strip Poland Of Its Sovereignty For Being ‘Anti-Soros’ - July 23, 2017
- Theresa May Blocks 9/11 Survivors Finding Out Truth About Saudi Arabia - July 23, 2017
- Dick Cheney Responsible For Poisoning Thousands Of US Troops - July 23, 2017