A 9-year-old Pennsylvania boy is dead and his relative is facing charges after the child died in his care from an apparent drug overdose.
The boy, Korbin Rager, was staying with Victor Hare III at his Spring House Road home Sunday night while his mother was at work.
Police said Hare was a distant relative of Korbin.
Monday morning, Korbin’s stepbrother came in to wake him up only to find him unresponsive on the bed, with blood coming from his mouth.
According to court papers, Hare told the boy to wait before calling 911, and performed CPR unsuccessfully for 40 minutes.
Korbin was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
“We’re all at a loss down here, none of us know what to say,” said neighbor Lori Kline.
Hare told police the 9-year-old said he was using Oxycontin, weed and alcohol, and that when the boy was dropped off, his “eyes looked weird.”
Police said they found unsecured alcohol and medication in Hare’s home.
“If you have kids down at that age you really should keep your medicine put away,” Kline said.
Neighbors said the children in the neighborhood would all play with Korbin, and so it’s been difficult trying to deal with his passing.
Many others at Korbin’s elementary school are having a difficult time dealing with his death.
School officials said grief counselors will be on hand for as long as they are needed.
“Some it weighs a little heavier tomorrow so we’ll provide counseling and support as needed,” said Shikellamy Acting Superintendent Dave Sinopoly.
Many are struggling to understand how a 9-year-old could become the victim of substance abuse.
“You are just kind of numb for a moment because you don’t know what your reaction should be other than dismay,” Sinopoly said.
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016
- Did Bible Verse Predict String of Recent Quakes, Volcano, & Foam? - April 17, 2016