The Blast hit the entrance to the police headquarters in the heart of the city of Lahore. It is Pakistan’s second-largest city and the power base of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
The explosion sent a column of black smoke rising above the surrounding area.
The Video at bottom of page shows police officials inspecting the site after the explosion near the police headquarters.
According to initial reports it was a car bomb but we are still determining the exact nature of the blast, senior police official Haider Ashraf said.
- There has been no immediate claim of responsibility for the bombing.
- The explosion comes less than a week after 22 people were killed in a gun-and-bomb attack on a Shia mosque packed with worshipers in the northeastern Pakistani city of Peshawar.
- More than 60 people were also wounded during the attack, for which militant group Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility.
- Also on January 30, another explosion on a Shia mosque and religious center in southern Pakistan killed 61 people, who were performing Friday Prayers in Shikarpur district of Sindh Province. Dozens were also wounded in the attack. The Jundallah militant group, linked to the TTP claimed responsibility for the January attack.
- The Pakistani army has been stepping up operations against militants following an attack on a military school, which left 134 students dead, in Peshawar last December.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and military leaders have vowed to eliminate terrorism in the country.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Naked Model Walks Around Hong Kong Bare Assed - September 30, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017