In a UNICEF report today they warned of increasing regularity in which child soldiers are recruited to militia groups.
The civil conflict has led to the new kidnapping incident -occurring not far from the State of Upper Niles’ capital -Malakal.
Witnesses described armed soldiers taking the boys away at gunpoint.
UNICEF warns the numbers are probably much higher.
- It remains unclear which armed group is responsible for the attack, in an area riven by civil conflict.
- “The recruitment and use of children by armed forces destroys families and communities. Children are exposed to incomprehensible levels of violence, they lose their families and their chance to go to school,” UNICEF Representative in South Sudan, Jonathan Veitch said in a statement.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- American Airlines Suspends Employee After Clash With Passengers - April 24, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Elected Chieftain Over Women’s Rights By UN - April 23, 2017
- Israelis ‘Torture’ Hunger Strike Prisoners With BBQ - April 23, 2017