Children as young as three will now be required to have their fingers scanned at the entrance to Disney World theme parks.
The anti-fraud measure was introduced in order to block the use of stolen and shared tickets, but has been slammed as a violation of privacy on social media.
Older children and adult visitors have already been having their fingers scanned for years.
“Walt Disney World has begun requiring children from 3 to 9 years old to have their fingers scanned when they enter the theme parks, just like older kids and adults,” the Orlando Sentinel, the first to report on the measure, said.
According to the paper, this measure was introduced in order to “block the use of stolen and shared tickets.”
Previously, it was easier to transfer children’s tickets because they had no finger images attached.
The kids, however, may have some loopholes to avoid scanning. For example, parents who do not want their children’s fingers scanned can use their own instead.
Patch News cited a Walt Disney World spokeswoman who said that the measure was introduced in August this year.
“The policy is meant to ensure seamless entry for guests while also protecting guests from someone else using their tickets,” the paper wrote, quoting the spokeswoman.
— Bic Yea (@BicYea50) September 6, 2016
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Two Dead, Dozens Injured As 6.7 Quake Hits Greek & Turkish Resorts - July 21, 2017
- US To Ban Citizens From Travelling To North Korea - July 21, 2017
- Xanda, Son Of Cecil The Lion, Killed By Trophy Hunter - July 20, 2017