FBI Thwart Multiple 4th July Terror Plots, Remain On High Alert

The FBI are currently on the highest state of alert ahead of the 4th July holiday over fears that ISIS are going to commit terrorist acts within the United States. 

British newspaper Daily Mail have uncovered 30 arrests already made in the lead up to the Independence Day holidays, which include men and women on US soil plotting various atrocities. reports:

ISIS-inspired roommates Noelle Velentzas and Asia Siddiqui are accused of plotting a homemade bomb attack on a slain police officer’s funeral.

The two friends from Queens, New York stockpiled gas tanks, fertilizer and a pressure cooker in an apparent bid to emulate Boston marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, prosecutors allege.

Court documents say their list of potential targets included the funeral of NYPD officer Rafael Ramos, who was shot dead in December 2014 along with his partner Wenjian Liu.

Velentzas, 28, is from said to have told an undercover agent who befriended them in 2013 that they wanted to be known as ‘citizens of the Islamic State’.

On another occasion she pulled out a knife, demonstrated how to stab someone – and allegedly asked: ‘Why can’t we be some real bad bitches?’

Siddiqui, 31, was equally as forthcoming in a 2009 poem she had published in Jihad Recollections, a precursor to the Al Qaeda magazine Inspire.

The warped verse, entitled ‘Take Me to the Lands Where the Eyes are Cooled’, describes her yearning to ‘drop bombs’ and ‘taste the Truth through fists and slit throats’.

Both women were arrested on April 2 before they could had settle on a target but are accused of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction.

Authorities doubt they ever had direct contact with ISIS but say the pair accessed the terror group’s propaganda online.

FBI agents have made at least 30 arrests on US soil this year as they try to combat the murderous reach of ISIS and its warped followers, Daily Mail Online can disclose.

Officials revealed this week that the Islamic terror group has a foothold in all 50 states as it continues to target disaffected Americans through its torrent of online propaganda and slick videos of barbaric beheadings and mutilations.

The stark warning comes days after ISIS-inspired gunman Saif Rezgui unleashed horror on at a Tunisian beach resort, killing 39 vacationers and wounding dozens more.

The FBI has reportedly set up command centers in each of its 56 field officers in case extremists try to mark the July 4 weekend by unleashing similar carnage here in the U.S. American ISIS ‘recruits’ to date have included schoolgirls, a young nurse, a pizza shop boss and even a National Guard soldier who hatched a plan to gun down 120 of his own colleagues.

Some have conspired to travel or send friends abroad to link up with fundamentalist fighters while others have plotted jihad here in the US – with Capitol Hill among the targets for a foiled bombing raid.

Gunmen Elton Simpson, 30, and Nadir Soofi, 34, came perilously close on May 4 when they were shot dead while trying to storm a controversial ‘Draw Mohammed’ event in Garland, Texas.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the raid but officials suspect the pair were more likely radicalized over the web.

Another young fanatic, Usaamah Rahim, 26, was killed last month as he lunged at police with a knife in Boston’s Roslindale neighborhood.

He was allegedly plotting to decapitate controversial anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller, the organizer of the same controversial Texas event.

The deadly incidents are just two from dozens of plots disrupted by police and federal agents since ISIS began to rise from the flames of the Syrian civil war.

Daily Mail Online has pieced together the chilling network of arrests and alleged foiled atrocities.

US officials suspect around a dozen men from Minnesota have left the North Star State to fight alongside ISIS extremists in Syria – and two have been killed.

Last August Douglas McArthur McCain, 33, a Muslim convert who went to school in Minneapolis, became the first U.S. citizen known to have died while fighting for the terror outfit.

Days later the White House confirmed that a second Minneapolis native-turned ISIS combatant, father-of-nine Abdirahmaan Muhumed, 29, had also been killed.

The two deaths fueled fears that the Midwestern state is becoming an unlikely recruiting hot-spot for ISIS.

Community leaders have warned that disaffected youths from the large Somali community are particularly vulnerable to jihadist ideology.

A video entitled Minnesota’s Martyrs: The Path to Paradise, was circulated by another Islamist group al-Shabaab in an apparent bid to capitalize on the growing interest in extremism there.

More recently six Somali men were charged in March with conspiracy to provide material support and attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

The accused are Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, 21; Adnan Abdihamid Farah, 19; Abdurahman Yasin Daud, 21; Zacharia Yusuf Abdurahman, 19; Hanad Mustafe Musse, 19; and Guled Ali Omar, 20.

It is alleged that the six planned to fly out of Minneapolis, San Diego or New York to reach Syria to join up with ISIS.