Is this a disaster just waiting to happen?
“Two of Britain’s nuclear power plants closed in August over safety issues will not be fully up and running for another two years – triggering fears of blackouts this winter.
The twin reactors at Heysham 1 and Hartlepool were shut down after cracks were discovered in a boiler at the Heysham site in Lancashire.
Owner EDF Energy last month warned that the plants, which play a key role in keeping the lights on in Britain, could be out of action until the end of the year to allow safety checks to take place on each of the four reactor’s eight boilers.
- Work to prevent high temperatures causing further cracks at ageing plants
- Move will lead to increase in the risk of power shortages this winter and next
- The nuclear power reactors have been in operation since the early 1980s”
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Obama Pays UN Global Climate Fund $500 Million - January 19, 2017
- Macedonia Launches ‘Stop Operation Soros’ Movement - January 19, 2017
- 82 False Killer Whales Dead In Massive Stranding Off Florida Coast - January 18, 2017