- More than a third of David Cameron’s cabinet attended a fee paying school
- A pressure group has urged the fast-tracking of disadvantaged students
- Britain’s elite still goes to Eton before attending Oxbridge, claims report
- Only seven percent of the population has been privately educated
‘Britain is still ‘deeply elitist’, with privately-educated pupils and Oxbridge graduates continuing to dominate the top roles in society, a new report warns.
Many of the nation’s judges, politicians, armed forces chiefs, journalists, TV executives and public officials attended fee-paying schools before studying at Oxford and Cambridge.
The Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission is calling for disadvantaged students from less prestigious universities to be fast-tracked into leading professions to correct the bias.’
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Anne Frank Movement:Israeli Rabbis Vow To Hide African Refugees Facing Deportation - January 18, 2018
- UNICEF: More Than 5,000 Children Killed By Saudi Arabia’s War On Yemen - January 17, 2018
- Tillerson Vows To Keep US Military Forces In Syria - January 17, 2018