ISIS has claimed responsibility for the fatal bomb attack that targeted a military post in Jordan near the Syrian border last week.
The bomb blast killed seven Jordanian soldiers and injured 13 others on June 21.
It happened outside the Rukban camp in the area where the borders of Iraq, Syria, and Jordan meet and where Syrian refugees are held for screening.
Press TV reports:
The attack against “the Jordanian-American base at Rukban in Jordan” was conducted by a Daesh terrorist, a Daesh-linked news source said on Sunday.
The Jordanian army had claimed that the explosive-laden car came from the makeshift Syrian refugee camp near the Rukban crossing in the far northeast of Jordan.
Hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees are living in Jordan while thousands more have been stranded at the border since January 2016.
Following the blast, the Jordanian army closed the northern and northeastern border strip with Syria. The measure will likely hamper aid deliveries to the tens of thousands of Syrian refugees waiting at the border camps to be screened for links to the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group.
Syria has been gripped by foreign-sponsored militancy since March 2011. Damascus says Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Qatar are the main supporters of the militants fighting the government forces.
Jordan is also known to be among the supporters of the militant groups fighting against the Syrian government. Amman has helped the training of armed militants, many of them joining Daesh as well as other Takfiri groups in Syria.
Syria has warned that terrorism will backfire on the countries that have been supporting terrorist groups fighting in Syria.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- US Sent ‘Planeload Of FBI Agents’ To Iceland To Frame Assange - December 10, 2016
- US To Send 200 More Soldiers To Syria - December 10, 2016
- Congress Approves $600 Million For Israel Missile Defense - December 10, 2016