ISIS has claimed responsibility for the double bomb blasts at an airport and a metro train in the Belgium capital on Tuesday that killed dozens and injured scores.
The Guardian reports:
Third bomb at airport was destroyed
A third bomb found at the airport has been destroyed by security services, the provincial governor said, Reuters reports.
Brussels Airport chief executive Arnaud Feist has confirmed there will be no more flights today, describing it as a black day. He said:
On behalf of the entire airport community, I would like to extend our warmest condolences to the family and friends of the victims of these cowardly and heinous acts. I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the emergency and rescue services, passengers and staff for their compassion, solidarity and help. This is without doubt the blackest day in the history of Brussels Airport.
Belgium’s Royal Palace has confirmed that King Philippe will address the nation in a live broadcast on all television channels at 7pm (1800 GMT), writes Oliver Milne.
Ce soir à 19 h sur les chaînes nationales : message à la population suite aux attentats de ce matin à Bruxelles.
— Belgian Royal Palace (@MonarchieBe) March 22, 2016
Bernie Sanders, currently fighting for the Democratic nomination to contest the presidential election, said “the international community must come together to fight Isis”.
Full Sanders statement on attacks in Belgium: pic.twitter.com/61Pn71tCAd
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) March 22, 2016
Brussels terror attacks: how events unfolded – video explainer
Belgian police release photo of man they wish to question
Oliver Milne writes:
Belgian police are appealing for help in identifying a potential suspect, who could have information about the attack on Zaventem airport this morning.
The unknown man, seen below dressed in white, is thought to be linked to this morning’s bombing which left at least 14 people dead.
The identity of the two other men is unknown.
The photograph was circulating on social media earlier this afternoon before Belgium’s federal prosecutor confirmed that the man in white was the subject of police inquiries.
— VTM NIEUWS (@VTMNIEUWS) March 22, 2016
Islamic State claims responsibility
Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the two bomb attacks in Brussels, a news agency affiliated with the group said.
Amaq agency said:
Islamic State fighters carried out a series of bombings with explosive belts and devices on Tuesday, targeting an airport and a central metro station in the centre of the Belgian capital Brussels.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Pentagon Lied To Re-Enlist Soldiers, Thousands To Repay Bonuses - October 25, 2016
- Clinton’s Campaign Team Were Warned Of Global Extinction Event - October 25, 2016
- Russia Unveils Images Of Terrifying Unstoppable Satan 2 ICBM - October 25, 2016