The Islamic State has carried out its second worst massacre in its reign of terror.
ISIS extremists have butchered at least 145 civilians in the Syrian city of Kobani a day after storming the city disguised as Kurdish fighters, just five months after they had been driven out in what was hailed as a US-led coalition victory.
Fighting between Islamic State (ISIS) and Kurdish Militia entered its second day on Friday.
The Express reports:
The attack on the predominately Kurdish town of Kobani marked the biggest single massacre of civilians by ISIS in Syria since the terror group killed hundreds of members of the Sunni Sheitaat tribe last year, Rami Abdulrahman, head of the Human Rights monitoring group said.
He said at least 145 civilians had been killed.
And in the northeastern city of Haseki a separate ISIS assault has reportedly forced 60,000 people to flee their homes, with the United Nations warning as many as 200,000 people may eventually try to flee.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavu?o?lu and the US Secretary of State John Kerry have been in telephone conversations over the recent developments in Turkey’s Syrian border.
This comes after the co-leader of Turkey’ pro-Kurdish party, Figen Yuksekdag said the “massacre” was the result of the Turkish government’s years of support for ISIS militants.
He claimed there was a “high probability” that the attackers had entered Kobani from Turkey.
However Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu vehemently denied the claims.
The latest assault in Kobani has come as a blow to the US, after American-led air strikes forced ISIS fighters out in January.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Aerial Footage Shows US Forces In Daesh Held Syria - September 25, 2017
- New Mass Extinction Event Coming To Earth Soon: MIT - September 25, 2017
- Equifax Data Breach ‘Disaster’ Could Sink The Economy - September 25, 2017