A group of people who claim ex-Labour MP Lord Janner sexually abused them have been granted a review of the decision not to prosecute him, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.
The CPS announced earlier in a shock turnaround that the Janner Paedophilia case is to be reopened.
The Director of Public Prosecutions had said Lord Janner, 86, would not be prosecuted, despite sufficient evidence to bring a case, due to his dementia.
But the CPS said a prosecutor unconnected to the original case would now review that decision.
The ex-MP has denied any wrongdoing.
Sex scandal Labour grandee Lord Janner has been probed before over allegations he was part of a Westminster paedophile ring.
The Met police spent six months investigating claims the peer – said to be too frail from dementia to be prosecuted – was a guest at London sex abuse parties.
An abuse survivor, known as “Nick”, claims Janner, now 86, sexually assaulted him at several unidentified venues in London between 1979 and 1982, the investigative website Exaro has learned.
This follows claims Janner was at the centre of serious abuse of children at a kids’ home in Leicestershire where he was an MP.
Latest posts by Simon Ludgate (see all)
- Rhesus (RH) negative blood? You may belong to the Nephilim - April 4, 2017
- Gardasil and DTaP vaccines top hit list - December 15, 2016
- Video: Pentagon Launches Terrorist Vaccine - December 13, 2016