A young man has died from severe burn injuries after catching fire at the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, England.
The man in his 20s was flown to hospital in Bristol on Monday evening with life-threatening burn injuries but died shortly afterwards.
The Independent reports:
A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the man sustained his injuries at around 5.20pm on Monday but did not give any information on the circumstances.
He was taken by air ambulance to Southmead Hospital in Bristol with serious burns and later transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he died.
“The man’s family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this time,” a spokesperson said.
The festival does not start until Wednesday, with the main music acts including Muse, Adele and Coldplay appearing from Friday to Sunday.
But some camping areas open early and staff and contractors are already on the site carrying out preparations.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Naked Model Walks Around Hong Kong Bare Assed - September 30, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017