Just after a five-day ceasefire extension had been agreed between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators, Israel launch new strikes on Gaza.
Several rockets hit Israeli territory just before Hamas announced it was accepting Egypt’s offer to extend a ceasefire with Israel for another five days. Israeli PM has ordered the IDF to respond to the attack with reports of renewed bombing of Gaza.
“With the breach of the ceasefire by Hamas, the Prime Minister and defense minister ordered the Israeli military to act in response. The order was issued before midnight,” an Israeli official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
Hamas, in its turn, accused Israel of violating the truce, with Hamas official Izzat Reshiq who is in Cairo saying that there was “no violation of the calm from any Palestinian side and nobody in Gaza has heard rocket fire.”
“We denounce the Israeli shelling of Gaza which is continuing,” he said cited by Reuters. “This is a violation of the calm.”
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Irish Slaves – What The History Books Will Never Tell You - November 1, 2017
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016