Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, has today publicly denied the underage sex allegations at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
He denied the allegations regarding having sex with a 17-year-old teenager, and reaffirmed the statement Buckingham Palace had previously put out, where they strenuously denied the allegations.
The Duke of York has publicly denied allegations he had underage sex with an American teenager, reiterating and reaffirming previous Buckingham Palace statements rebutting the claims.
The Guardian reports:
His appearance, at his Pitch@Palace reception for entrepreneurs, came a day after lawyers for his accuser, Virginia Roberts, filed an affidavit to a court in the US detailing her allegations and requesting that the prince respond under oath to her accusations.
Addressing the reception, the prince said: “Firstly I think I must, and want, for the record, to refer to the events that have taken place in the last few weeks and I just wish to reiterate and to reaffirm the statements which have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace.”
He went on to say: “My focus is on my work.”
His public denial comes a day after a letter, addressed to him at Buckingham Palace and asking him to take part in a two-hour interview, emerged in new legal submissions filed by Roberts’ lawyers on Wednesday.
The documents also contained a sworn affidavit from Roberts providing new details about the sexual encounters she alleges she had with the prince on three separate occasions, beginning when she was 17 and working for Jeffrey Epstein, a former hedge fund boss since convicted for soliciting sex with a minor.
Andrew was greeted by television cameras and journalists as he arrived at the Swiss ski resort but ignored all questions as he continued to go about his meetings. He looked relaxed and at ease as he joined guests at the reception at an exclusive hotel in the Swiss resort of Davos to promote promising British entrepreneurs.
Watch live – World Economic Forum below
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- China Warns Trump: Get In Line Or Else - December 8, 2016
- Obama Admits To Trump That US Helped Create ISIS - December 8, 2016
- Creepy Kids Doll Tells Defense Contractor Everything Your Child Says - December 8, 2016