Prince Andrew is going to address child sex abuse allegations at his speech at the World Economic Forum later.
The victim, Virginia Roberts, wrote a letter addressed to Prince Andrew at Buckingham Palace. Her lawyers filed it on Wednesday at a Florida court which asks him to take part in a two-hour interview under oath.
The letter reads:
“This letter is a formal request … to interview you, under oath, regarding interactions that you had with Jane Doe No 3 beginning in approximately early 2001. Jane Doe No 3 was then 17 years old.
“The interview could be conducted at a time and place of your choosing, and with your co-operation, I believe the interview could be completed in two hours or less.”
The Duke is expected to ramp up his denial of the allegations at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland. It will be his first public appearance since the sex claims emerged earlier this month.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the palace has invited a cameraman, photographer and reporter to record what would be Andrew’s first public comments about the saga.
Should he speak out, he will be the first senior member of the royal family to make an on-camera statement denying claims of impropriety.
Meanwhile Roberts’ lawyers have formally requested Andrew, 54, respond to her accusations under oath, The Guardian reported.
A letter addressed to Andrew at Buckingham Palace was filed with a Florida court on Wednesday (today NZ time).
In her sworn affidavit, Roberts says the palace’s denial was “false and hurtful to me”, The Guardian reported.
“I did have sexual contact with him as I have described here – under oath.
“Given what he knows and has seen, I was hoping that he would simply voluntarily tell the truth about everything.
“I hope my attorneys can interview Prince Andrew under oath about the contacts and that he will tell the truth.”
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Sweden Prepares For War With Russia – Citizens Told To Stockpile Emergency Supplies - January 18, 2018
- 100 Girls Testify In Court Over Rape Cover-Up Within USA Gymnastics - January 18, 2018
- Las Vegas Police Admit ‘Multiple Suspects’ Involved In Massacre - January 18, 2018