Prince Charles warns that the world is danger of ‘descending into the dark ages of public executions’. He also accuses Isis militants of ‘blasphemy’
The Telegraph reports: The Prince of Wales has stepped up pressure on internet providers over the spread of Jihadist beheading videos online warning that it is dragging the world back into “the dark ages of public executions”.
He said everyone had a “duty of care” to the victims and their families to ensure that the graphic images are not shared or broadcast.
His intervention follows warnings from Robert Hannigan, the new head of GCHQ, that Facebook and Twitter have become “command and control centres” for terrorists so-called Islamic State – also known as Isis and Isil.
Last month David Cameron described the internet as an “ungoverned space” and said technology giants must and do more to take down extremist material to “live up to their social responsibilities”.
The Prince’s comments came as he visited a church in west London to meet Iraqi Christians whose families have fled the threat of genocide.
Addressing members of the Chaldean Christian community at the Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Family in Action he condemned the actions of jihadists as “blasphemy” saying the attacks on Christians and other religious minorities in Iraq and Syria amount to an attack on the image of God.
Islamic extremists attacking other faiths were bringing “nothing but dishonour” on their own religion, he said.
He also spoke with passion about his own Christian faith, speaking of the need to “love our enemies and pray for those who persecute”.
But he went on: “As these truly dreadful images of executions and beheadings are transmitted around the world by the internet I cannot help but feel that we are in serious danger in this so-called modern age of descending into the dark ages of public executions.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Saudi Arabia Seeking Support To Deal With “Iran’s Aggression” - November 20, 2017
- Bill Clinton Assault Victims Hit Back At Hillary Who Claims They ‘Misremembered’ - November 19, 2017
- Declassified Israeli Documents Reveal Strategy To ‘Suffocate’ Gaza Strip - November 19, 2017