Russia have destroyed over 49 ISIS targets, including buildings and vehicles, in the provinces of Aleppo, Damascus, Idlib, Latakia, and Hama, in one of its most successful operations yet.
Russian Defence Ministry spokesperson Major-General Igor Konashenkov, said the strikes had taken out:
- Two command centres of illegal armed groups
- Three ammunition and armament depots
- Two underground bunkers
- 32 firing positions in mountain-woodland areas
- Nine fortified firing positions of illegal armed groups
- A workshop used for [missile] launch pads and rocket projectiles
He said the Russian airstrikes in Damascus had “crucially changed the operational situation in this region.”
Major-General Konashenkov added: “Near Duwayr al-Akrad, Latakia Province, a pair of Su-25 attack aircraft made two successive strikes with high-explosive bombs on a large ISIS training camp detected by means of Russian reconnaissance.
“The strikes completely destroyed the camp and all the training facilities.
“Precision strikes by Russian combat aviation in the Damascus province have crucially changed the operational situation in this region. ISIS militants are suffering a severe lack of ammunition and are leaving their positions in large numbers. Last night, reconnaissance registered the retreat of several large detachments, each about 100-strong, in the direction of Marj al-Sultan.”
The latest figures come after a Syrian MP claimed Russia had destroyed more terror targets in 15 days than US armed forces managed in a year of raids.
In a speech to the Middle East country’s parliament, Mohammad Jihad al-Laham said Russia’s intervention in the region was having a positive difference whereas America and Britain had created instability and war.
Yesterday more than 40 ISIS fighters were killed in an airstrike.
It is not clear who deployed the airstrike, but the chief of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdel, said “they don’t belong to the coalition led by Washington”.
Around 16 vehicles were also destroyed in the attack.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- China Begins Rounding Up And Detaining Bitcoin Executives - September 21, 2017
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr: CDC Guilty Of Criminal Autism Cover-Up - September 21, 2017
- CNN: Fluoride In Water Gives Babies Brain Damage - September 21, 2017