The “highest levels” of the U.S. government are implicated in covering-up Saudi Arabia’s role in the 9/11 attacks and it’s all to preserve diplomatic relations with the oil-rich Kingdom.
The extent of the cover-up goes beyond hiding 28 pages of a congressional report on 9/11 which was released in 2002 according to The New York Post :
In its report on the still-censored “28 pages” implicating the Saudi government in 9/11, “60 Minutes” last weekend said the Saudi role in the attacks has been “soft-pedaled” to protect America’s delicate alliance with the oil-rich kingdom.
That’s quite an understatement.
Actually, the kingdom’s involvement was deliberately covered up at the highest levels of our government. And the coverup goes beyond locking up 28 pages of the Saudi report in a vault in the US Capitol basement. Investigations were throttled. Co-conspirators were let off the hook
Case agents I’ve interviewed at the Joint Terrorism Task Forces in Washington and San Diego, the forward operating base for some of the Saudi hijackers, as well as detectives at the Fairfax County (Va.) Police Department who also investigated several 9/11 leads, say virtually every road led back to the Saudi Embassy in Washington, as well as the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles.
Yet time and time again, they were called off from pursuing leads. A common excuse was “diplomatic immunity.”
Those sources say the pages missing from the 9/11 congressional inquiry report — which comprise the entire final chapter dealing with “foreign support for the September 11 hijackers” — details “incontrovertible evidence” gathered from both CIA and FBI case files of official Saudi assistance for at least two of the Saudi hijackers who settled in San Diego.
Some information has leaked from the redacted section, including a flurry of pre-9/11 phone calls between one of the hijackers’ Saudi handlers in San Diego and the Saudi Embassy, and the transfer of some $130,000 from then-Saudi Ambassador Prince Bandar’s family checking account to yet another of the hijackers’ Saudi handlers in San Diego.
An investigator who worked with the JTTF in Washington complained that instead of investigating Bandar, the US government protected him — literally. He said the State Department assigned a security detail to help guard Bandar not only at the embassy, but also at his McLean, Va., mansion.
The source added that the task force wanted to jail a number of embassy employees, “but the embassy complained to the US attorney” and their diplomatic visas were revoked as a compromise.
Former FBI agent John Guandolo, who worked 9/11 and related al Qaeda cases out of the bureau’s Washington field office, says Bandar should have been a key suspect in the 9/11 probe.
“The Saudi ambassador funded two of the 9/11 hijackers through a third party,” Guandolo said. “He should be treated as a terrorist suspect, as should other members of the Saudi elite class who the US government knows are currently funding the global jihad.”
But Bandar held sway over the FBI.
Continue reading: How US covered up Saudi role in 9/11
Saudi Arabia has warned Washington that it would sell off $750 billion of US assets if Congress passes the bill that would allow the Saudi ruling family to be held responsible for any role in the terrorist attacks.
Former US senator and governor of Florida, Bob Graham, went on air last week to say the 9/11 hijackers had “some support from within the United States” and were “substantially” backed by Saudi Arabia.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Trump Withdraws US From Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal - January 23, 2017
- Student Faces Jail for Throwing Paper Plane At Teacher - January 23, 2017
- Trump Willing To Team Up With Putin To Fight ISIS - January 23, 2017