A 17-year-old Mexican teenager has died from a love bite that caused him to have a stroke.
The love-bite was was given to him by his girlfriend. It then created a blood clot in his artery that traveled to the brain, causing a fatal stroke.
Julio Macias Gonzalez started having convulsions at the dinner table with his family in Mexico City after spending an evening with his girlfriend.
Paramedics were dispatched to the scene but the 17-year-old could not be saved.
It is thought that the suction of the love bite – also known as a ‘hickey’ – caused a blood clot that travelled to Julio’s brain and caused him to have a stroke.
His 24-year-old girlfriend has now disappeared and the boy’s parents are apparently now blaming her for his death.
In 2011 a 44-year-old woman was left partially paralysed after having a stroke in similar circumstances.
She lost movement in her left arm after the romantic encounter and was driven to hospital.
Doctors in New Zealand could not figure out a cause until they noticed a fading bruise on the right side of her neck – and a damaged major artery underneath.
The suction had caused a blood clot to form which then travelled to the woman’s heart.
Dr Teddy Wu, who treated the woman at Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital, said: “To my knowledge, it’s the first time someone has been hospitalised by a hickey.”
The suction involved during a love bite can cause damage to a major artery in the neck, creating a blood clot that can then travel to the heart and cause a stroke.
The New Zealand woman was treated with warfarin, an anti-coagulant, which resulted in the clot disappearing almost entirely within a week.
Strokes have different levels of severity and can cause paralysis and death.
What is a love bite?
Love bites, also known as hickeys, are bruise-like marks on a person’s body – typically the neck.
They are caused by a person sucking on a small area of another person’s skin.
This causes small blood vessels under the skin to burst – causing the bruise.
Love bites usually last for anything up to 12 days.
The only way to treat them – aside from hiding them under make-up or a polar neck jumper – is to put ice on them to reduce the swelling.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Naked Model Walks Around Hong Kong Bare Assed - September 30, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017