A train filled with looted Nazi gold is allegedly hidden in a secret tunnel in Poland.
Treasure hunters are planning to resume their search for the train that was left behind by the Nazis at the end of World War 2 as they retreated back to Berlin in the face of an advancing Red Army.
The tunnel was discovered last year and local residents are pressing for the search to continue, which could be within days.
Daily Star reports:
And with the hunt being called off in December, there is hope it will soon commence after an agreement was made with Poland’s railway company PKP.
Locals have in the town of Walbrzych – where the train is rumoured to be hidden – have been protesting for weeks to allow the search to continue.
And a weekend documentary screened on Polish TV has upped the pressure on railway officials to grant the permits for the dig.
Local media said searchers could be granted permission to explore the mine shafts at any point this week.
Treasure hunters Piotr Koper and Andreas Richter put Walbryzch on the world map in August last year with claims of having found the train – full of gold, jewellery and artworks.
They claim one of the Germans who hid the train told them where it was shortly before he died.
Rumours had swirled in the region since the end of the war that the train was packed with Nazi loot being moved back to Berlin before the advancing Red Army.
But Polish troops with explosive-detecting devices scoured the ground which the train is said to be buried some 200 feet beneath in the autumn of 2015.
They found nothing.
While it is still unclear whether the train actually exists.
Residents of Walbrzych have begun losing patience in recent weeks with the slow pace of progress in obtaining permission to dig.
There have been several angry protests at the 65km spot with them waving shovels in the face of the police.
“We are pleased with so much support,” Mr Koper said.
“We have made progress with the railway company and now there is finally movement in the matter.”
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Naked Model Walks Around Hong Kong Bare Assed - September 30, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017