The National Bardo Museum in Tunisia was supposed to reopen today to the general public.
Earlier this month, 22 people died following an attack by extremist gunmen.
The BBC’s Rana Jawad said: “The director of the museum says this is more of a symbolic reopening”
BBC reports: The reopening of Tunisia’s Bardo museum following the attack that killed at least 22 people has been delayed until Sunday.
The museum had been due to reopen on Tuesday morning but there will now only be a symbolic ceremony.
Security concerns appear to have halted the reopening, according to the BBC’s Rana Jawad.
The reopening, less than a week after the attacks, was intended to show the gunmen “haven’t achieved their goal”.
Only the media will be allowed inside the museum on Tuesday. A small rally was held in front of the museum.
There are fears the attack – claimed by Islamic State (IS) – will hit Tunisia’s vital tourism industry.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Probe Whipping Of FoxHunt Protester By Royal Godmother - February 23, 2017
- Chinese Customer Beheads Restaurant Owner - February 23, 2017
- Kim Jong Nam Was Offered To Lead N. Korean Government In Exile - February 22, 2017