Below is part of an article that was posted on the UK’s Daily Mail website 2 days ago. Well worth a read.
‘The machine that could spot a missing dimension: US Government begins mind bending experiment to find out if our universe is a 2D HOLOGRAM
- Experiment probes the limits of the universe’s ability to store information
- Information about everything in our universe could be encoded in tiny packets in two dimensions
- Results could ‘completely change ideas about space’
A unique experiment at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has started collecting data about whether we exist in a hologram.
Called the Holometer, the experiment will test a theory that everything in our universe is 3D.
Experts likely the theory to us being characters on a television show who do not know that their seemingly 3D world exists only on a 2D screen.
The information about everything in our universe could actually be encoded in tiny packets in two dimensions, the researchers say.
‘We want to find out whether space-time is a quantum system just like matter is,’ said Craig Hogan, director of Fermilab’s Center for Particle Astrophysics and the developer of the holographic noise theory.’
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- US Test Fires Nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile - April 26, 2017
- Russia & China Slam US Over THAAD Deployment In South Korea - April 26, 2017
- Netanyahu Cancels Meeting With German FM Over Rights Groups Row - April 25, 2017