A Russian woman has died from electrocution after dropping her iPhone into a bath she was taking whilst it was plugged in.
Yevgenia Sviridenko was discovered by her flatmate in the bath on Monday evening.
“I walked in and saw her lying there all pale in the water. Her phone was also in the water. I pulled my friend out and noticed that her body was shaking from the shock,” her flatmate told newspapers.
Sviridenko is believed to have been charging her phone and scrolling through VKontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook, shortly before she died.
Emergency services who attended the scene tried to resuscitate Sviridenko, but were unsuccessful.
It remains unclear why the charger didn’t cut out as licensed Apple products are designed to do. Police did not reveal whether the device was not a licensed Apple product, Mail Online reported.
The tragic incident comes after a 16-year-old girl died in the Bashkortostan republic after she took her phone charger into the bathroom as she was taking a shower.
A regional Investigative Committee spokesperson said preliminary tests had suggested the girl died from an electric shock but that the investigation was ongoing, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported Monday.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Sweden Prepares For War With Russia – Citizens Told To Stockpile Emergency Supplies - January 18, 2018
- 100 Girls Testify In Court Over Rape Cover-Up Within USA Gymnastics - January 18, 2018
- Las Vegas Police Admit ‘Multiple Suspects’ Involved In Massacre - January 18, 2018