Two recent separate attacks by sharks have happened in North Carolina. Now, the nightmare is only worsening for the residents and thousands of tourists who flock to the pristine beaches. Two more sharks have been spotted – with one as long as seven feet! Beaches, however, remain open.
According to ABC News:
The beaches in North Carolina are still open today even though two teens were bitten by sharks in separate attacks and a local sheriff said that there were two more sighting after the attacks.
“We spotted one shark that was estimated over 7 feet long between the locations of the two bites earlier, and then we spotted another one off, down a little further south, about the same size,” Brunswick County Sheriff John Ingram said at a news conference this morning.
Both of the teenagers who were attacked while swimming in waist-deep water on Sunday are in stable condition but authorities still have no idea where the shark, or sharks, are now.
Oak Island Fire Chief Chris Anselmo said today that they have no way of knowing whether one or multiple sharks was responsible for the twin attacks on Sunday afternoon.
The first attack happened at around 4:12 p.m. when a 12-year-old girl was attacked by a shark while she was swimming on a beach in Oak Island, North Carolina, authorities said.
About an hour and a half later, a 16-year-old boy was attacked in the waters of a beach about two miles away.
Brunswick County Emergency Management director Brian Watts said that the girl had been bitten twice, once on her left arm and once on her left leg, while the boy had been bitten once on his left leg.
Neither of the teens have been publicly identified, and Watts said that both wounds were life threatening but they were out of surgery Sunday night and said to now be in stable condition. It is not yet known if they had to have any amputations.
“Honestly they both have a long road ahead,” Watts said.
Watts said that other beachgoers were vital lifesaving factors as they helped administer aid before emergency responders got to the scene.
“The bystanders, to go ahead and start the process of stopping the bleeding, that was the biggest concern with these patients,” Watts said. “Without that, we would have had a different outcome.”
WorldBreakingNewsChannel YouTube video:
WHILE YOU ARE HERE…
The mass censorship of independent media is exploding. Our content is being silenced on social media and demonetized by mega-corporations who want to eliminate competition. But you can help us in this fight. Your freedom matters. Your voice matters. You have the power to fight those who seek to silence us.
You are our most important ally.
We need your support now. Donate to help us fight Big Brother censorship.
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Irish Slaves – What The History Books Will Never Tell You - November 1, 2017
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016