A family has been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after using a barbecue inside their tent in Cornwall, England.
The family of five decided to use their barbecue to cook breakfast inside their tent after it started to rain outside.
Five people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after becoming ill when they chose to cook their breakfast inside the tent due to the bad weather.
Firefighters and South Western Ambulance service arrived around 9.20am to the tent pitched close to the B3266, north of Camelford, Cornwall.
A Cornwall Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “It appears that breakfast was being cooked on a barbecue outside the tent.
“When it started to rain, the barbecue was taken inside the tent to continue the cooking.
“After a relatively short time, two of the occupants became unwell, prompting the call to the ambulance service.
“In total, a family of five people were conveyed to hospital by ambulance to be checked for the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.”
It is dangerous to take a smouldering or lit BBQ into a tent, caravan or cabin.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- China’s First Home Made Aircraft Carrier Is Ready For High Seas - April 24, 2017
- Lawsuit Claims Fox News Forced Black Employees To Arm Wrestle - April 24, 2017
- Top US General Suggests That Russia Is Arming Taliban In Afghanistan - April 24, 2017