A government committee have discovered that French authorities deliberately covered-up the fact that several Bataclan attack victims suffered gruesome torture during the attacks last November.
The committee has heard reports from policemen on the scene of the Bataclan attacks who say that many of them vomited after witnessing victims with their eyes gouged out and their castrated genitals put in their mouths.
But prosecutors at the parliamentary inquiry into the Bataclan deaths have cast doubt over the claims after revealing that no sharp knives were found at the scene.
The inquiry heard that the alleged torture was the reason that some bodies of those who died were not released to their family, reported HeatStreet.
Terrorist attackers were planning on using filmed footage of the torture victims for ISIS propoganda, it was claimed.
The inquiry heard from the president of the committee, Georges Fenech, that one father had been told while visiting his son’s body at the morgue that the right side of his face was unrecognisable because terrorists had ‘punctured his eye and sliced down the right side of his face.’
The attacks happened after three terrorists took hostage concert-goers who were watching the band Eagles of Death Metal perform in the venue.
Initially after the terrorists opened fire, many members of the crowd mistook gunshots for pyrotechnics.
France needs to set up a national counterterrorism agency to oversee the fight against dangerous militants, according to the parliamentary inquiry into security failings that allowed the attacks.
The recommendation for a body modelled on the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center reporting to the prime minister was one of 40 proposals made by a parliamentary committee after the five-month inquiry.
Poor coordination between security services in France and at the European level let crucial information slip through about militants who killed 130 people in coordinated attacks in and near Paris on a stadium, cafes and the Bataclan, the inquiry found.
‘We are not up to the task (in the fight) against those who threaten us today,’ conservative lawmaker Georges Fenech, who headed the committee, told a news conference earlier this month.
The inquiry concluded that though some of the gunmen who killed 90 people in the Bataclan attack could have been arrested, there was little possibility of identifying the concert hall in advance as a target.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Sweden Prepares For War With Russia – Citizens Told To Stockpile Emergency Supplies - January 18, 2018
- 100 Girls Testify In Court Over Rape Cover-Up Within USA Gymnastics - January 18, 2018
- Las Vegas Police Admit ‘Multiple Suspects’ Involved In Massacre - January 18, 2018