Iran are attempting to reveal the “evil face” of ISIS by launching a cartoon contest, which offers an award for the best caricatures that mock the terror group.
So far 800 entries from 43 different countries have been received by the Iranian House of Cartoon. The committee will select 280, with the winners announced on 31st May.
— Fer Gunay (@FGunay1) May 26, 2015
In order to reveal the true nature of the Islamic State, we decided to hold this contest and have people submit their cartoons or caricatures. The Islamic State tries to associate itself with Islam but in essence it has no idea about Islam,” event organizer Masoud Shojaei Tabatabai told Iran’s Press TV.
The contest is divided between two sections – cartoons and caricatures – that aim not only to expose the evilness of ISIS but the “unwavering support” of “arrogant” governments and leaders that the organizers see as supporters of Jihadi movement.
— Ali Dadpay (@adadpay) May 27, 2015
In the caricature section participants are offered to mock one of six persons of interest: the ISIS leader, Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, member of Qatari royal family, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and four western leaders – Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu, UK’s David Cameron, French president François Hollande and last but not the least US Barack Obama.
“Nowadays everyone around the world knows about the parasite by the name of ISIS and what crimes they have committed against humanity and art and culture,” Mohamed Habibi told Iran’s Press TV. “Artists now have the duty to raise public awareness about this group by participating in such events.”
— Breaking3zero U.S (@Breaking3zeroUS) May 26, 2015
Each participant is allowed to submit up to 5 works to try and compete for the top prize of $1500. Organizers plan to hold the contest exhibition in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Sweden Prepares For War With Russia – Citizens Told To Stockpile Emergency Supplies - January 18, 2018
- 100 Girls Testify In Court Over Rape Cover-Up Within USA Gymnastics - January 18, 2018
- Las Vegas Police Admit ‘Multiple Suspects’ Involved In Massacre - January 18, 2018