Israeli deputy minister Ayoub Kara has acknowledged that he paid a clandestine visit to Syria’s Aleppo, which is under the control of ISIS terrorists.
Kara, a prominent member of the right-wing Likud Party, admitted on Saturday that he had visited Syria during the five year long conflict, according to a report by Haaretz
When asked about the danger involved in such a trip, Kara said, “I’m not a man who’s afraid, because I’m a believer, and one who believes isn’t afraid.”
The Syrian army and its allies have been fighting to regain control of the country’s second city from ISIS terrorists who have reportedly received advanced weapons in recent weeks.
Press TV reports:
Kara did not say when his visit took place, saying “I won’t get into it,” the Israeli daily Haaretz reported.
“Aleppo today is abandoned… Today when you enter it, you won’t even think that it’s Aleppo. It doesn’t even remind you of Aleppo,” he said instead.
Late last month, Syrian officials and locals confiscated a vehicle loaded with Israeli-manufactured weapons in the southern province of Suwayda.
A military source told Syria’s official news agency SANA that the vehicle was traveling from the eastern countryside of Dara’a to the desert region of Badiya.
Anti-personnel landmines, RPG rounds and launchers, B9 shells, 120 mm, 80 mm and 60 mm mortars, grenades and 23 mm machine-gun rounds were among the confiscated weapons.
Syria says Israel and its Western and regional allies are aiding Takfiri terrorist groups operating inside the Arab country.
The Syrian army has frequently said it had seized Israeli-made weapons and advanced military equipment from the foreign-backed militants.
Israel’s Channel 2 television network recently reported that wounded militants are transferred quietly into the occupied territories for medication and that the number has surpassed 2,100 since 2011.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- UN Passes Resolution Urging Israel To Leave Syria’s Golan Heights - December 3, 2016
- Russian Bomb Disposal Unit On The Way To De-Mine Aleppo - December 2, 2016
- ‘Alarming’ Number Of Children Missing From British Care Homes - December 2, 2016