WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been forced to cancel his ‘October Surprise’ announcement on Tuesday, due to alleged threats from the Hillary campaign.
The hotly-anticipated announcement promised to reveal a new document dump on Hillary Clinton that would potentially end her campaign.
NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez reported that the Tuesday announcement — which was to come from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years – was canceled due to “security concerns”.
Due to security concerns at the Ecuadorian Embassy, Julian Assange's balcony announcement on Tues has been cancelled, per @wikileaks
— Jesse Rodriguez (@JesseRodriguez) September 30, 2016
Julian Assange set to make an announcement from his balcony in London next Tuesday, according to @WikiLeaks
— Jesse Rodriguez (@JesseRodriguez) September 27, 2016
Wikileaks has not said when it will now make its “announcement”.
Assange appeared on Fox News last month, repeating his assertion that Wikileaks has damaging documents on Clinton and suggested WikiLeaks may soon release “teasers”. More than three weeks later, that release has yet to take place.
Clinton’s more fervent opponents have hoped for weeks that the promised document dump would be an “October surprise” – damaging and revelatory emails or the like — and inflict a mortal wound on her campaign. There’s no evidence however that such damaging information even exists.
It was only this summer that Assange’s group leaked thousands of embarrassing emails from the Democratic National Committee which showed their disdain for Bernie Sanders’ insurgent campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. The uproar over the disclosures forced DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to resign in disgrace on the eve of the Democratic National Convention.
The political provocateur and bomb-thrower Roger Stone, a fervent Donald Trump supporter, predicted Sunday morning that Wikileaks’ revelations would doom Clinton’s campaign.
Wednesday@HillaryClinton is done. #Wikileaks.
— Roger Stone (@RogerJStoneJr) October 2, 2016
It’s unclear if Stone was aware that Wikileaks, according to NBC News, has canceled their Tuesday announcement.
Assange and his supporters have long claimed that his personal safety is at risk due to the danger he (supposedly) represents to Clinton’s presidential ambitions. In August, liberal commentator Bob Beckel suggested in a TV appearance that Assange be murdered, proclaiming that someone should “shoot the son of a bitch!”
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) August 10, 2016
Assange himself has also recently hinted publicly that low-level DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was murdered this summer in Washington DC, had been the source for Wikileaks’ document dump on the DNC. And that Rich’s alleged role in the leaks was linked to his death.
There has been no evidence linking Rich to the leak and no evidence that his murder was anything more than a botched robbery.
Nonetheless, the cancellation of Tuesday’s Wikileaks announcement already has anti-Clinton conspiracy theorists working up a frantic stew of speculation.
— Challenger (@bakedinapie) September 27, 2016
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- DEFCON Alert Raised, US Citizens Told ‘Prepare For War’ - October 21, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why ‘Conspiracy Theorists’ May Actually Be ‘Indigo People’ - October 21, 2016
- Study Reveals Eight Hour Sleep Cycle Is Unnatural - October 21, 2016