Airstrikes continued to target Sanaa. Saudi-led bombing campaign hit the Yemeni capital on Monday night.
Houthi rebels and troops loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh have been targeted over the last few days.
A Scud Missile Facility in the capital was “devastated” by the bombing.
Sputnik News reports: According to local residents speaking to Reuters, the airstrikes have largely targeted the area around the presidential palace. Figures released by Yemen’s health ministry — which is currently Houthi controlled — said 35 people had been killed over the weekend, with another 88 injured.
Bombing caused a large explosion at a Scud Missile Facility in the capital. According to Saudi Brigadier General Ahmed, all known Scud missile launch pads have been “devastated” by the bombing campaign.
All Yemeni fighter jets have been destroyed in the strikes, and Shia rebels have been forced from government airbases.
Despite the bombing campaign, Houthi fighters have continued to make gains. Though it has yet to make a decision, the Saudi Arabian government is considering sending ground troops into Yemen.
“I don’t know that anyone wants to go into Yemen but we don’t rule anything out. Right now the objective is being achieved through an air campaign,” Saudi ambassador to the US, Adel al-Jubeir told NBC, according to Al Arabiya.
According to a statement by the Arab League on Sunday, Saudi-led bombings will continue until Shia insurgents “withdraw and surrender their weapons.”
The Saudi navy has also announced that it’s control of all Yemeni ports.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Obama: “Big Countries Don’t Invade And Bully Smaller Countries” - January 21, 2017
- Watch Anti Trump Protests In Washington, DC - January 20, 2017
- Washington DC Becomes Security Fortress Eve Of Trump Inauguration - January 20, 2017