The US State Department have falsely accused Russia of striking hospitals in Syria during their fight against ISIS, despite a rejection of the claims by the medical staff at Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Red Cross.
The embarrassing contradictions to US claims will strike a blow to the US propaganda machine, who have tried desperately to downplay Russia’s ever-increasing important role in defeating ISIS in the Middle East.
Dounia Dekhili said that MSF hospitals have no information on which to base the US allegations that Russia is responsible for the destruction of hospitals.
On Thursday, the medical organization reported that 12 hospitals had been targeted in Syria, six of them MSF institutions. However, MSF declined to assign responsibility for the attacks.
— MSF International (@MSF) October 29, 2015
“It is difficult to determine who is responsible for the air strikes that led to the destruction of the hospitals,” said Dekhili. “We were not witnesses, so we cannot be precise on that.” Dekhili explained that many areas of Syria are inaccessible, and the organization relies on reports from medical personnel on the ground, none of whom have said that Russia carried out an airstrike against a hospital.
The interview Dounia Dekhili gave to French Sputnik.
Dekhili expressed the medical professionals’ despondency at the violence which had left medical facilities and countless other civilian structures devastated in the course of the conflict, explaining that for years its institutions have reported being targeted by aerial bombardment.
“Regardless of who the parties to the conflict are, there is a total violation of medical and civilian structures.”
On Thursday, spokesman for the US State Department John Kirby was asked to provide sources to substantiate its grave allegations that Russia was responsible for damaging hospitals.
Kirby said that “we have seen some press reporting to that end,” and referred to “Syrian civil society groups” and “other operational information” which led the US administration to make the allegations, but was unable to provide any evidence.
Kirby was asked for substantiation after Red Cross Director Dominic Stillhart said that its personnel on the ground had not reported any airstrikes by Russian planes on civilian targets, including hospitals.
— RT (@RT_com) October 29, 2015
On October 3, MSF stated that a US airstrike on its hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, had left 22 people dead and resulted in 37 being injured.
— MSF International (@MSF) October 30, 2015
On October 29, the organization said it was “beyond doubt” that the Saudi-led coalition carrying out bombings in Yemen, had hit its hospital in Haydan on October 26.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Bizarre ‘Bio Warfare’ Storm Kills Five In Kuwait - December 2, 2016
- Bombshell: Breitbart Murdered After Exposing Clinton Pedo Ring - December 2, 2016
- Obama To Sign Bill Making ‘Alternative Media’ Illegal - December 2, 2016